Wednesday 20 February 2013

Carrot Cake

I fancied a bit of baking today - and carrot cake was the result (got inspired with this recipe).

No matter what I do, my carrot cakes baked in the UK are never as orangey as the ones baked in Portugal... do UK carrots have less carotene? I haven't got a clue!

I usually do my carrot cake differently, but today I did it like this:

  • 3 carrots, peeled
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder

Preheat oven at 180ºC and prepare baking tin with margarine and flour.

In a blender/liquidifier/Magic bullet/whatever you use, put carrots, eggs, oil and blitz until you get a runny orange mix without any chunks of carrot.

In a bowl, place flour, sugar and baking powder. Add carrot mix to the bowl and mix well.

Pour onto tin and bake.

Carrot Cake

Let it bake for about 35-40 minutes, stab it with a skewer to check if cooked.



Carrot Cake


I guess you could ice the cake to your liking... cream cheese or chocolate would go well... but I could not be bothered am a carrot cake purist, and just had it like that :)


Carrot Cake


Yum!

1 comment:

  1. ai que bom, adoro! é isso e bolo de laranja. ah valente!

    ReplyDelete